Our mission is to produce, integrate, and communicate high quality information that helps ensure safety, economic and environmental resilience, and sustainable use of the coastal ocean.
NERACOOS is a robust regional ocean observing system that consistently delivers high quality information relied upon to protect lives and property, empower coastal economies and improve the health of our oceans.
NERACOOS Core Values are:
- better understanding the coupled coastal-ocean system is necessary for sustained use.
- being end-user driven and providing open access to high-quality information.
- being neutral and science-based.
- collaborating and providing leadership in support of regional, national & international coastal ocean observing and modeling.
- educating people so they can better understand their connection with the ocean.
- cultivating innovation and the next generation of ocean professionals and tools.